At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers, and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across nine African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Ethiopia, and Uganda).
mPharma is looking for a responsible and trustworthy professional with exceptionally high work standards to join our team as a Retail Operations intern. This role entails the day-to-day management of the QRx Pharmacies.
- Responsible for ensuring that the pharmacies are following the guidelines in the Franchise Manual.
- Provide weekly business updates and performance of assigned Pharmacies.
- Undertake monthly business review meetings with Pharmacy Services Associate on business performance and institute performance improvement strategies where necessary.
- Support with maintaining and managing inventory, ordering new supplies when necessary, keeping inventory areas organized, follow up on orders placed with SCM, fulfillment, and delivery.
- Coordinate with the Mutti team and provide support in the deployment of health screenings, Community Health, Telemedicine consultation, and all other Patient-related programs that offer value to the Mutti ecosystem.
- Support the day-to-day seamless operations at QualityRx facilities and ensure that the pharmacy owners receive the right support.
- Tracking of outliers from facility’s order request to inform formulary additions
- Tracking of revenue (weekly and monthly) and cash deposits
- Monitor quantities ordered and match it with pharmacy consumption to inform demand forecast, supply.
- Liaising with tech/product to provide support on the use of BLOOM and Ordering app.
- Support facility on changes in operations – e.g. price changes, the addition of new drugs, billing cycles, etc.
- Coordinate with SCM to manage expiries and its withdrawal.
Our Ideal Candidate
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- A strong work ethic and proactive “can do” attitude which requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiative
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy / PharmD
- A licensed Pharmacist with not less than 6 months of experience
6 months internship
This position reports to the Head of Retail Operations