At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers, and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Rwanda & Malawi).
mPharma is looking for a Senior Finance Associate to join our Rwanda operations. In this role, the Senior Associate will be expected to interface with clients (insurance companies & hospitals), suppliers, tax authorities, and other regulatory bodies.
- Preparation of financial projections for new partnerships and group financial statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other applicable standards.
- Preparing and sending invoices to providers and hospitals, which entails obtaining validated dispensation data and billing based on agreed prices.
- Receivable management -Involves following up with clients to obtain payments based on the agreed payment period.
- Payable management – Registration of suppliers and processing of payments for drugs supplied.
- Statutory remittances – PAYE, Pension, WHT deduction, and remittance.
- Financial reporting in accordance with IFRS.
- Treasury management - monitoring the FX rates, cash flows management, and analysis.
- Calculation and computation of commissions payable to facilities.
- Liaise with external auditors and regulatory examiners to ensure financials are in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Payroll and salary administration, including ensuring that all applicable payroll taxes are deducted and remitted.
- Filing of tax returns to the various tax authorities.
- Keep abreast with current changes in accounting standards as well as regulatory environments and ensure appropriate implementations.
- Assist Head of Finance (global and regional) with all corporate planning, research, and analyses relating to any prospective strategic initiatives.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- CIMA/CPA/ ACCA/ CFA
- A BSC degree in Accounting, Math, Finance, Engineering, Physical Sciences preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in Finance/ Investment banking preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Be a member of the CIMA or ACCA